API Support Engineer
About The Position
Guesty’s property management software provides property managers and management companies a solution to simplify the complex operational needs of short-term rentals. With Guesty, users can manage listings from online travel agencies including Airbnb, Booking.com, Expedia, and TripAdvisor, and utilize the company’s guest-centric tools including Unified Inbox, Automation Tools, 24/7 Guest Communication Services, Payment Processing, and more.
We are Guesty's support team. As a team of experts, we provide support to our users around the world. Guesty is looking for an ambitious, tech-savvy, support engineer to resolve customer issues and master Guesty’s APIs.
As an API Support Engineer, you’ll:
- You’ll help solve technical questions related to Guesty’s APIs, webhooks, 3rd party integrations, as well as new feature complexities.
- Investigate and resolve customer email and phone requests through the use of varied ticketing, content and task management tools.
- Perform large and small API tasks requested by account users.
- Escalate to and resolve issues with the Product and Engineering teams by completing bug reports.
- Contribute your own suggestions and efficiencies to improve our documentation, processes, and knowledge base.
- Creatively apply Guesty API functionality to solve a developer’s API use case.
- Experience with Chrome DevTools.
- REST API knowledge
- 1+ years prior experience in tech support OR have a degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or relevant coursework.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with a high typing speed.
- Strong problem-solving skills especially with complex technical problems.
- Ability to test on the web, desktop and mobile platforms with ease.
- A demonstrated track record of providing prompt and compassionate customer care, using your well-rounded technical and analytical skills.
- Open to work at night and in shifting schedules
Guesty is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.