5 Things I’m Thankful For This Holiday Season
With Thanksgiving later this week, there’s no better time than the present to take a moment and reflect on what to be grateful for this holiday season.
The hospitality industry took a hard hit in 2020 with all members of the community navigating the strain of COVID-19. During this period, I’ve witnessed remarkable strength and perseverance as our partners, users and employees have navigated through. With the promise of effective vaccines in sight, and the understanding that travel will eventually fully recover, I’d like to give thanks to what helped me and, of course, Guesty through the thick of it.
- Our users, and all short-term rental property management companies for that matter. You’ve truly inspired me these last few months with your unwavering tenacity. An industry that was put on life support by this pandemic has endured, and that is thanks to the millions of professional hosts worldwide who quickly pivoted their business models and adapted to a changing world. From those pushing rural locations to others utilizing properties in unique ways to bring in revenue – you kept this industry alive.
- The Guesty team. It wasn’t always easy. Each and every department had to regroup, strategize and innovate, but our collective determination helped us pivot, focus on aiding users in maintaining stability and emerge a stronger company than before. As we celebrate Guesty’s seventh birthday, I’ve never been more proud of this family I’ve seen grow.
- Our partners. Guesty is supported by a network of incredible partners across the globe. Together with OTAs and tech companies in our Marketplace, we have teamed up on dozens upon dozens of events and initiatives designed to provide invaluable insights and guide our users and the sector at large through this uncertain time.
- Our investors. Guesty is so incredibly lucky to have the support of investors who understand that travel will rebound and that once it does, Guesty will be leading the way. When this ecosystem was at its slowest and things were bleak, your unshakable confidence in our ability to weather the storm is what helped us do just that.
- The industry. I would be remiss if I didn’t take a moment to express my gratitude for the resilience of this industry we’re a part of and for the staunch human thirst for travel and adventure, which, as the last few months and our recent data can attest to, will continue to fuel the hospitality sector.
We still have a few more strides to take before we get to the light at the end of this tunnel. I also know that, thanks to the dedication and ingenuity of the people I work alongside daily, the industry as a whole will emerge strong, optimistic and ready to help power the resurgence of travel.
Wishing everyone a truly happy and festive holiday season and a wonderful new year!