Writing Your Airbnb Listing Description
Your listing description on Airbnb is your chance to tell potential guests what your rental has to offer and why they should choose it over the millions of other accommodations available on the platform.
Want to know how to get more reservations on Airbnb? Here are some helpful tips to guide you as you craft a listing description or work to improve your listing on Airbnb.
Adding a Title to Your Airbnb Listing:
- Airbnb limits titles to 50 characters. As this is the first thing potential guests will read, it’s up to you to make them count.
- Use your title to convey the biggest selling points about your rental – like proximity to the beach, great views or a private swimming pool – rather than information browsers already know, such as the city in which your property is located.
Adding a Description to Your Airbnb Listing:
- Be specific
- Provide details about each room, including the size of each bed.
- Specify the number of toilets and showers.
- Note any and all selling points.
- Be professional
- Use spell check or a tool like Grammarly to proofread what you’ve written. Listings with poor grammar or spelling have been shown to convert fewer leads.
- Use an online thesaurus to replace redundant adjectives with more exciting descriptions.
- Be resourceful
- Dedicate part of your description to the surrounding area. Mention any nearby attractions that might encourage browsers to book your listing.
- Include useful information, like the proximity of your property to public transportation and the length of the drive from your rental to popular tourist spots.
- Recommend restaurants and conveniently located grocery shops.
- Be strategic
- Be Active
- Regularly edit your description to account for seasonality and local events.
- To optimize your Airbnb description for SEO, remember that updating your listing will give you a boost in Airbnb’s search results.