Last updated: November 30, 2023
Welcome to Guesty, a property and vacation rental management platform (the “Guesty Platform”). The Guesty Platform is owned and operated by Guesty, Inc., a Delaware corporation and its subsidiaries (collectively, the “Company”, “Guesty”, “we”, “us” and/or “our”).
For users of Guesty Lite, please refer to the Terms of Service specific to Guesty Lite Platform, which shall also be incorporated hereto by reference.
Please read carefully the following Terms of Service (the “Terms”). By using, accessing or applying to register to the Guesty Platform, by any of the means acceptable to Guesty, including through the execution of a binding agreement (all will be referred herein as the “Guesty Contract”), the customer (“Customer” and/or “you”) agrees to be bound by these Terms. The Guesty Contract is incorporated into these Terms.
1. About the Guesty Platform
1.1 Guesty Platform
The Guesty Platform offers various management tools for those renting out properties on a short-term basis (each, a “Property”, and collectively, the “Properties”), to guests (the “Guests”).
1.2 Third Parties
The Guesty Platform can also be used with third-party platforms such as Airbnb (the “Third Party Channels”). Using the Guesty Platform, the Customer can also manage interactions with external third-party service providers such as housekeeping cleaners, laundry service providers, and house-key handoff services (the “Third Party Service Providers”).
1.3 Customer’s Account
Each Customer has an “Account” on the Guesty Platform with which he or she can manage multiple Properties. Each Account is first and foremost accessible by the Account’s administrator (the “Admin User(s)”) and the Admin User is given access to tools for managing the Account itself. For instance, the Admin User can set up user accounts that the Admin User can assign to his or her team members so that they can manage the Properties using Guesty Platform’s Property management tools.
1.4 Add-On Services
The Customer may also opt to use any of our additional add-on modules such as booking website, channel manager services, guest communication service, consulting services, etc. (the “Add-On Services”), which Add-On Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions, and in connection to which the Customer’s Account information may be shared with any third party affiliated to the Add-On Services, where applicable. The guest communication service (the “GCS”) for example is the add-on module where our guest service experts (the “GSE”) are available to assist the Customer’s Guests and prospective Guests with reservations and similar reception-related matters.
2. Registration and creation of a Guesty Account
2.1 Applying to Register
In order to use the Guesty Platform, the Customer must apply for registration. The Customer must provide true, accurate, current and complete information in the course of the Customer’s application to register to the Guesty Platform, and the Customer is fully accountable for any outcome that may result from the Customer’s failure to do so. Within the application process, Guesty may request additional information, documentation and materials from the Customer, as it deems necessary, at its sole discretion.
Once we complete processing, evaluating and considering the Customer’s application, we will determine, at our sole discretion, whether to accept or decline the Customer’s application to register to the Guesty Platform. We are not obligated to admit the Customer to the Guesty Platform. The Customer will have no plea, claim or demand against Guesty in connection with any decision we may or may not make regarding the Customer’s application or admission. Our decision is final and non-contestable. If we decline the Customer’s application to register to the Guesty Platform, these Terms will immediately terminate. If we believe that the registration information that the Customer provided is false or not correct, current or complete, or if we believe that the Customer has violated these Terms, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate the Customer’s application to register to the Guesty Platform. However, we have no obligation to verify the accuracy, correctness, or completeness of any information that the Customer or others have provided nor are we liable for losses or any damage resulting therefrom. The Customer may not hold payments that Guesty is entitled to due to such action by Guesty.
2.2 Once Registered
– If we admit the Customer to the Guesty Platform, the Customer must, as a first step, create an Admin. The Admin can then create and assign multiple Admin Users to his or her team members so that they can manage the Properties using Guesty Platform’s Property management tools. Each Admin User can have multiple and different types of Account permissions that the Admin is responsible for assigning. Note, however, that we are not liable for errors or mistakes made with respect to such permissions.
– The Customer must ensure that whomever the Customer designates to use the Guesty Platform as an Admin User or another user, fully complies with these Terms. The Customer is liable for all acts or omissions of the Admin Users and all other users in connection with the Guesty Platform.
– Admin and Admin Users access the Guesty Platform using their Account username and password. The Customer must make sure that the Admin and Admin Users change their passwords periodically. The Admin and Admin Users must maintain the confidentiality of their account login details.
– Guesty shall not be responsible for the conduct and actions that the Admin User or other users engage in on the Account. The Customer is responsible for these actions including changes, deletion, and adding costly features.
3. Third parties
3.1 Integration with Third-Party Channels
– If the Customer wishes to connect its Account to a Third Party Channel (each such interconnection is named an “Integration”), then the Guesty Platform may need to change the email or other user credential for the Customer to use with each respective Third Party Channel. The Guesty Platform will then maintain the Integration with the Customer’s account on the Third Party Channel. To do this, the Customer may need to change the email address or other user credential that he or she has listed on the Third Party Channel. Also, in order for the Guesty Platform to operate properly, the Customer must keep its account on the Third Party Channel connected to the Customer’s Account on the Guesty Platform.
– Guesty is not responsible, and accepts no liability, for any loss of data, reservations or revenue due to Customer’s failure to keep his or her account on the Third Party Channel connected to the Customer’s Account on the Guesty Platform. The Customer is exclusively responsible for doing this, and for all consequences of any failure to do so.
– Once connected to an Integration, the Guesty Platform automatically imports the Properties and Guest related data in the Customer’s accounts on the respective Third Party Channel, such as listings, reservations, past Guests, etc. Guesty allows you to manage future reservations (reservations that were already booked where the check-in is in the future) on the Guesty Platform right away. These reservations will be charged regularly according to the terms of the Guesty Contract.
– Guesty is not liable for any problems in the Customer’s Account on a Third Party Channel, including response rate or the account being locked out. Payments to Third-Party Channels are at the Customer’s cost and responsibility (except in case of Channel Managers, as shall be agreed upon under the Guesty Contract).
3.2 Third-Party Service Providers
Guesty shall not be responsible for Third-Party Service Providers, any and all communications, transactions payments, and engagements with Third Party Service Providers, are exclusively between the Customer and the relevant Third Party Service Provider. Guesty shall not screen, endorse or recommend Third Party Service Providers and cannot confirm their professional qualifications, skills, licenses, or permits needed for their line of work, or that they are properly covered by insurance.
3.3 Payment Processing Services
Our payment processing services are provided by GuestyPay or other third parties, and offered to the Customer on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. Guesty is not liable for any error or malfunction in such payment process services.
The Customer is exclusively responsible for all tax filings and withholdings in connection with the collection of fees made through such payment process service. The Payment Processor may charge additional transaction fees for the integration with the Customer’s Guesty Account. We may deduct or withhold any amounts collected through the payment process service, to the extent we determine it to be necessary.
4. Fees and Payment Terms
4.1 Service Fees
Use of the Guesty Platform and the Add-On Services is subject to the fees at the rates, packages, schemes, amounts, overage charges, and payment cycles agreed upon by the Customer and the Company under the Guesty Contract.
4.2 Property Booking Fees
Fees that are contingent on Property booking fees are determined according to the Property booking fees reported to Guesty by the Third-Party Channel or by the Customer. The Customer must report accurate, correct, and true information.
4.3 Change of Fees
We may, from time to time, change the applicable fees, rates, packages, schemes, amounts, overage charges, and payment cycles. If we do so, we will put the Customer on notice of such changes, but we will not radically change these matters in a way that adversely affects the Customer, without obtaining his or her consent.
4.4 Additional Fees
You may incur certain other fees or charges for your use of the Guesty Platform and the Add-On Services (the “Additional Fees”). Any Additional Fees will be agreed upon by the Customer and Guesty.
Fees are chargeable in US Dollars, but we reserve the right to offer those fees be charged in other currencies. If we do so and the Customer opts to be charged in another currency, the Customer may be subject to additional exchange fees or commissions collected by the Customer’s payment method provider.
4.6 Exchange Rates
Exchange rates are determined by a reputable third-party provider and converted with the exchange rate applicable at the time the given reservation is made and is rounded up. Guesty is not responsible, and accepts no liability for, the exchange rate used or currency conversion performed.
4.7 Payment Methods
The Customer must pay the applicable fees using one of the payment methods we support, such as a credit card. By providing the Customer’s payment information, the Customer gives his or her consent to being billed for the applicable fees, in addition to any applicable surcharges or commissions that may apply under the Customer’s agreement with his or her payment method provider. The Customer must keep the billing information that he or she provided to Guesty current, complete, and accurate, and notify Guesty promptly in case of any change in the billing information. The Customer will be invoiced by Guesty and/or any of its subsidiaries. Depending on the payment method selected by the Customer, payments may be collected by the relevant third-party payment service provider and not necessarily directly by us, in which case we are not responsible for their mishandling of the Customer’s payment information or any related security breaches.
4.8 Refunds and Set-off
Except where we expressly agree otherwise, or as set out in these Terms or the terms applicable to any Add-On Services, the Customer is not entitled to any refunds or reimbursements in connection with the Guesty Platform, the Add-On Services, or the applicable fees. In any event, the Customer is not entitled to a refund for partial use of the Guesty Platform, any unused portion of the Guesty Platform, unused features of the Guesty Platform, or for any time period during which the Customer did not actually use or take advantage of the Guesty Platform. Customer may not set-off or deduct amounts from fees due to Guesty.
4.9 Failure to Pay
Fees that we are unable to charge through the payment method the Customer provided, as well as payable fees for which the Customer has not provided a payment method, are deemed overdue. Failure to settle any overdue fee within seven (7) calendar days of its original due date constitutes a breach of these Terms, entitling Guesty to suspend the Customer’s Account (in which case we will notify you of the suspension and the overdue fees). Failure to settle any overdue fees within fourteen (14) calendar days of its original due date and following notification by us as above, constitutes a material breach of these Terms.
4.10 Late Payment
Without derogating from any other rights and remedies available to Guesty under applicable law, overdue fees may accrue interest at the rate of three-quarters of one percent (0.75%) per month or part thereof, cumulative monthly on the linked capital from the due date until the date of actual payment. The Customer will reimburse Guesty for all legal costs, chargebacks, chargeback fees, credit card commissions, and attorney fees we incur in the course of collecting overdue or disputed fees.
5. Fees for canceled reservations
– The following fees apply in the event that a reservation for a Property is canceled: (i) if a GUEST canceled the booking (Direct, Manual, Airbnb, or Booking.com reservations) then the fee is calculated based on the host payout which is subject to the users’ cancellation policy (ii) if the HOST cancels the booking, Guesty only charges the minimum fee of 3 USD.
– Due to a lack of data on cancellations from any channel (Direct, Manual, Direct channel integrations, and other booking channels connected via a channel manager) the following policy will apply: (i) if the reservation was canceled BEFORE the check-in date, then Guesty will charge a 3 USD cancellation fee – fixed price; (ii) if the cancellation happened AFTER the check-in-, the Guesty fee will be charged according to the regular rates set forth in the Guesty Contract. If during the term of the Guesty Contract, the Guesty platform is able to retrieve the actual host payout for canceled reservations (from one or more channels), Guesty will follow the specific canceled reservations policy for those affected channels. The change in policy would be effective immediately upon Guesty’s support of host payouts for canceled reservations.
6. Duration and Termination / Cancellation of the Guesty Account
These Terms, including the Customer’s right to use the Guesty Platform and any Add-On Services and our right to charge fees, will continue for any minimum term the Customer has agreed to as part of the Guesty Contract, and thereafter until either we or the Customer terminates or cancels them as referred to in this section.
6.2 Termination by the Customer
The Customer may request to terminate these Terms and the Customer’s Account by clicking the “Cancel Account” button available on the Guesty Platform, or alternatively by having the Admin send a termination request through our Help center at https://help.guesty.com/hc/en-gb. Termination will enter into effect once we complete processing the Customer’s request.
If the Customer terminates the Guesty Contract as above then the Customer shall pay to the Company an early termination fee, equal to the amount of the Customer’s Minimum Monthly Fee (as defined in its Guesty Contract) multiplied by the number of the remaining months on any minimum the applicable Term.
6.3 Termination by the Company
In addition to any remedies that may be available to Guesty under any applicable law, we may promptly temporarily or permanently deny, limit, suspend, or terminate the Customer’s Account, prohibit the Customer from accessing the Guesty Platform, and take technical and legal measures to keep the Customer off the Guesty Platform, if we, in our reasonable discretion, determine that (i) the Customer abused the Customer’s rights to use the Guesty Platform; or (ii) the Customer materially breached these Terms; or (iii) the Customer performed any act or omission which is harmful or likely to be harmful to the Company, or any other third party, including other users of the Guesty Platform.
6.4 Liability for Termination
We will not be liable to the Customer for terminating the Customer’s Account or access to the Guesty Platform in accordance with the provisions of these Terms.
6.5 Payments Upon Termination
Upon termination of the Customer’s Account, the Customer must immediately settle all due fees and payments incurred up through the effective date of termination. The Customer will fully pay all fees applicable to all Guest reservations that were confirmed after the Customer’s registration date to the Guesty Platform (according to the applicable Pricing Model set forth in the Guesty Contract). We may promptly charge the Customer for those fees and payments using the payment method the Customer provided.
6.6 Customer’s Information and Data
We may permanently delete the Customer’s Account on the Guesty Platform, including all information and data it contains. Subject to the Customer’s payment of all due fees and payments incurred up through the effective date of termination, we will export and make available to the Customer a copy of the information and data that the Customer’s Account contains, as of the effective date of termination.
Provisions in these Terms that by their nature are intended to survive termination of these Terms will so survive, including the following sections: Important disclaimers, Fees, Privacy, Copyright policy Intellectual property, Termination, Disclaimer of Warranty, Limitation of liability, Indemnification, Governing law and dispute resolution, and General.
7. Add-On Services
The Customer acknowledges and agrees that all Add-On Services are not immune from errors, mistakes, and incorrect responses. The Customer is responsible to report to Guesty any and all errors, mistakes, and incorrect responses he or she becomes aware of.
7.2 Guest Communication Service (GCS)
– The Customer may opt to use our GCS. Our GSE’s will respond to reservation inquiries and requests originating from any connected Third Party Channels in the order which our priority system automatically determines.
– Our GSE’s will handle tickets as follows: (i) we first try to respond to inquiries according to the information and guidelines that the Customer has provided us; and (ii) if we are unable to determine an appropriate response or solution based on that information or guidelines, we will make good faith efforts to research the answer using information publicly available online; and (iii) if we are still not able to determine an appropriate response, we will attempt to contact the Customer’s designated contact person. We will contact the designated contact person according to the priority of contact channels that the Customer has indicated. An inquiry may be submitted to Guesty at any time during the day or night, and the contact person must therefore be ready, willing, and able to respond promptly at any time we contact him or her for an inquiry. The Customer acknowledges and agrees that if we are not able to get a hold of the designated contact person, or if he or she is unable to address the inquiry, we may not be able to respond to the inquiry properly and in a timely manner.
– Cancellation of our GCS services will be subject to 30 days’ notice. Future reservations that were made before cancelling the service will be charged according to the terms of the Guesty Contract.
7.3 White labeled Guest Communication Service
We may also offer white-labeled GCS, which we will provide subject to the restrictions and limitations specified by law. This may therefore limit the scope or types of response we are able to provide to inquiries.
7.4 Website creation services (Booking Engine)
The Customer may opt to use our website creation services. By using the website creation services, the Customer agrees and acknowledges the following:
– The Customer is responsible for all of the content that is uploaded, posted, transmitted or otherwise made available on the website created by the Customer (the “Content”). The Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that Guesty does not own nor does claim ownership of the Content and will not be considered the “publisher” of the Content nor be liable for any consequences arising from such Content.
– The Customer is responsible for ensuring that the website fully complies with all applicable laws, regulations, and any other contractual terms which govern the use of the website, including those specific laws applicable to the Customer or its guests and/or website visitors in any of its geographical locations.
– The Customer’s use of the service does not ensure compliance with applicable laws, including, but not limited to data protection laws and website accessibility laws, nor is Guesty responsible for the Customer’s compliance with such laws.
– Without derogating from the generality of the above, Guesty shall not be responsible or liable to the Customer, its guests, or website visitors for any of its or its Guests’ breaches of applicable law.
7.5 Post Booking
We may also offer a Post Booking service which aims to ensure that each guest is notified of how to check-in and check-out and that a cleaning service is ordered for the Property after each Guest checks out. It is the Customer’s responsibility to ensure that he or she gives Guesty all information needed regarding check-ins, check-outs, and cleaning service orders.
7.6 New Add-On Services
The Customer may also opt to use any of our new Add-On Services suggested by Guesty, where such new Add-On Services may be subject to additional terms and conditions (including additional fees that may be charged by Guesty).
8. Technical support
– We will provide the Customer technical support for questions, problems, and inquiries regarding the Guesty Platform and GCS, during our regular business days and hours, and pursuant to the support scheme, hours and channels separately conveyed to the Customer.
– We will make genuine efforts to respond to the Customer’s technical questions, problems and inquiries quickly. However, we: (i) may not provide such support for matters that we deem, at our sole discretion, to require unreasonable time, effort, costs, or expenses;(ii) make no promises or warranties as to any specific response-time or to the successful or satisfactory resolution of the question, problem or inquiry. Note that we may also refer the Customer to the Guesty Platform’s self-help pages which provide explanatory sections about various aspects of the Guesty Platform.
9. Other features
The Guesty Platform also offers an API for the Customer to develop software and other services utilizing the Guesty Platform’s features. The provisions in these Terms of Service apply to the APIs as they do to the Guesty Platform. Any use of Guesty API will be subject to Guesty API T&C.
9.2 New Features
The Company may offer to the Customer various new features and/or premium features to the Guesty Platform that are not part of the Customer’s Guesty Contract and are not detailed in these Terms (“New Feature(s)”). Such new Features may be subject to additional terms and conditions (including additional fees).
10. Changes; Temporary Suspension
10.1 Changes; Temporary Suspension
We will make genuine efforts to notify the Customer ahead of time of any changes or temporary suspension of the Guesty Platform or the Add-On Services, but cannot guarantee that we will do so in circumstances where urgent changes are required (such as for reasons of compliance with applicable laws or to address security issues).
We may, at any time and without prior notice, change the layout, design, scope, features, or availability of the Guesty Platform and Add-On Services. Such changes, by their nature, may cause inconvenience or even malfunctions. THE CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT WE DO NOT ASSUME ANY RESPONSIBILITY WITH RESPECT TO, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE INTRODUCTION OF SUCH CHANGES OR FROM ANY MALFUNCTIONS OR FAILURES THAT MAY RESULT THEREFROM.
10.2 Periodic Maintenance
We may suspend the operation of the Guesty Platform or any Add-On Service, in whole, or part, for all users, or for certain users, for periodic maintenance or similar purposes. Unless there is an important reason why we are unable to do so (such as a security threat), we will provide reasonable advanced notice of the suspension.
11. Acceptable use
– We may, from time to time, issue and notify the Customer of guidelines, rules, and instructions addressing, among other things, technical, business, marketing, and operational matters concerning the Guesty Platform and its use. The Customer shall follow these guidelines and instructions.
– When using the Guesty Platform, the Customer must refrain from (i) breaching these Terms, the other Guesty Contract terms, or any other applicable rules and instructions that we may convey with respect to the use of the Guesty Platform; (ii) engaging in any activity that constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any applicable law or regulations, including laws governing privacy, defamation, spam and intellectual property; (iii) interfering with, burdening or disrupting the functionality of the Guesty Platform; (iv) breaching the security of the Guesty Platform or identifying any security vulnerabilities in it; (v) circumventing or manipulating the operation or functionality of the Guesty Platform, or attempting to enable features or functionalities that are otherwise disabled, inaccessible or undocumented in the Guesty Platform; (vi) using or launching any automated system, including robots, crawlers and similar applications to collect and compile content from the Guesty Platform; (vii) displaying the Guesty Platform or any part thereof in an exposed or concealed frame, or linking to elements or portions of the Guesty Platform, independently from the manner on which they originally appear or are made available through the Guesty Platform; (viii) impersonating any person or entity, or making any false statement pertaining to the Customer’s identity, medical condition, agency or affiliation with any person or entity; (ix) collecting, harvesting, obtaining or processing personal information of or about other users of the Guesty Platform; and/or (x) using the Guesty Platform for any commercial or other purposes that are not expressly permitted by these Terms or in a manner that falsely implies Guesty’s endorsement, partnership or otherwise misleads others as to the Customer’s affiliation with Guesty or in order to develop or create a similar or competitive service.
– Guesty’s fees do not include VAT or sales tax, or any other tax which may be applicable. If these taxes apply, the Customer will be charged accordingly, and the Customer consents to those charges.
– The Customer is solely responsible for completing and filing all tax forms, declarations, and submissions to the tax authorities as required by the tax laws applicable to the Customer and for paying all applicable taxes in connection with the Customer’s Properties and the income the Customer generates from them.
13. Regulation and Customer Data
13.1 Personal Data
You hereby instruct Guesty to process any and all Guests and other personal data elements that you choose to make available to or through the Services or that you otherwise share with Guesty in order to provide you with and improve the Services (hereinafter “Personal Data”). When Guesty follows these instructions, it is operating as the Data Processor. You are the Data Controller who determines which Personal Data elements are relevant, and based on that analysis you decide in your sole discretion which Personal Data elements to make available to or through the Service or otherwise share with Guesty. In these situations, Guesty processes the Personal Data on your behalf. The Customer also provides permission to Guesty to use Sub Processors of personal data to provide you with and improve the Services. Our Data Processing Addendum is incorporated into these Terms by reference.
You shall have sole responsibility for compliance with various data protection regulations including GDPR. You should satisfy the data subjects’ rights such as modification, transfer, deletion, consent for marketing activities, etc. regarding the personal data by using the tools Guesty Platform provides. Guesty should not be liable for any failure of the Customer to comply.
13.3 Personal Data Compliance
The Customer shall have sole responsibility for compliance with all relevant regulations governing the use and protection of any personal data stored by it outside the Guesty Platform. Guesty will not be liable for any failure of the Customer to comply. Guesty requires, and you hereby warrant and represent, that any Personal Data you submit to Guesty to or through the Services, or during or in connection with your use of the Services, has not been collected, stored, and transferred to Guesty in violation of any law, regulation, or contractual obligation applicable to you. You shall have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and legality of the data and the means by which you acquired the Personal Data.
13.4 Information and Content
Guesty shall not be not responsible for any inaccurate, incorrect, or misleading information that the Customer, the Admin Users, or other users provide to Guests or prospective Guests. Guesty shall also not be responsible for any such information that the Guesty Platform or GSE’s provide to Guests or prospective Guests on the basis of information or data that originates from the Customer, Admin Users or other users, Third Party Channels, or Third Party Service Providers. The Customer shall be solely responsible for any content it provides, publishes, transmits, displays, or otherwise communicates through the Guesty Platform and for the consequences associated with doing so.
13.5 Third-Party Channels
Guesty shall not be responsible for the completeness, accuracy, legality, or reliability of the data that originates or is imported from Third Party Channels (including Property listings, reservations, rankings, past guests, communications with guests, etc.).
13.6 Guesty Platform Compliance
The Customer shall be the sole responsible for the Customer’s compliance, or non-compliance, with any and all requirements under any law or regulation regarding Customer’s use of the Guesty Platform, the Properties, renting the Properties out, or accommodating Guests.
13.7 Marketing Activities
Customer shall conduct its marketing activities in relation to the Guesty Platform, in compliance with all laws and regulations. Guesty provides the tools to collect online consent from relevant data subjects for marketing activities. Guesty should not be liable for any failure of the Customer to comply.
13.8 Account Data Backups
Although we use advanced methods to store, backup and maintain the Customer’s Account data we do so as a mere courtesy to the Customer and the Customer remains exclusively responsible for maintaining his or her backups.
14. Privacy and Copyright policies
14.2 Copyright Policy
Requests to remove content due to alleged copyright infringement must be made in accordance with our Copyright Policy. After receiving a request to remove or re-post content on the Guesty Platform, we will review the request and take action as necessary.
15. Intellectual property
The Guesty Platform is protected by copyright laws and international copyright treaties, as well as other intellectual property laws and treaties. The Guesty Platform is made available for use and access, not sold or licensed.
15.2 Exclusive Property
All rights, title, and interest in and to the Guesty Platform, including without limitation, patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade names, service marks, trade secrets, and other intellectual property rights and any goodwill associated therewith (but excluding any content the Customer submits to the Guesty Platform and any content imported from third- party sources), are the exclusive property of the Company and its licensors. This includes the Website’s design, graphics, computer code, domain name, and “look and feel”.
The Customer may not, either by itself or by a third party on the Customer’s behalf, copy, distribute, display or perform publicly, sublicense, decompile, disassemble, reduce to human-readable form, execute publicly, make available to the public, adapt, make commercial use of, process, compile, translate, sell, lend, rent, reverse engineer, combine with other software, modify or create derivative works of the Guesty Platform or any part thereof, in any way or by any means. The Customer may not use Guesty’s name, mark(s), logo(s) or domain name, or any other name, mark(s), logo(s), or domain name that is similar thereto. The Customer must refrain from any action or omission that may dilute, or damage our goodwill.
16. Application Marketplace
16.1 Guesty APP
The Customer may be able to access and use the Guesty Platform through our designated mobile smartphone application (the “App”).
16.2 Third Parties’ terms
The Customer’s use of the App may be subject to additional third-party terms and conditions that govern that application marketplace from which the Customer downloaded the App, such as Google Play or Amazon Appstore for Android. Those other third parties may be beneficiaries of these Terms, pursuant to those marketplace’s terms. Such other third parties are not responsible for providing maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
16.3 Apple’s App Store
The following terms apply if the Customer downloaded an App from Apple’s App Store. Customer and Guesty agree and acknowledge as follows:
– These Terms are concluded between itself and us, and not with Apple Inc. (“Apple”). Apple is not responsible for the App. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and the App Store Terms of Service then the App Store Terms of Service will prevail, solely with respect to the conflicting provisions.
– The license granted to the Customer for the App is limited to a non-transferable license to use the App on any iOS Products that the Customer owns or controls, and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service, except that such App may be accessed, acquired, and used by other accounts associated with the purchaser via Family Sharing or volume purchasing.
-The Customer acknowledges that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
– In the event of a failure to conform to any applicable warranty (if any warranty is applicable), the Customer may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price for the App to the Customer (if the Customer paid any). To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple has no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty, will not be at Apple’s responsibility.
– Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by the Customer or any third party relating to the App or the Customer’s possession and/or use of the App, including (i) product liability claims, (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement, and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
– The Customer acknowledges that in the event of any third party claim that the App or the Customer’s possession and use of the App infringe that third party’s IP Rights, Apple will not be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any such infringement claim.
– The Customer must comply with applicable third-party terms of agreement when using the App (e.g. the Customer must not be in violation of the Customer’s wireless data services agreement when the Customer uses the App).
– Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms. Upon The Customer’s acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against the Customer as a third party beneficiary thereof. The Customer represents and warrants that (i) the Customer is not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) the Customer is not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
17. Pilot Rollout Phase
The Company may offer the user to participate in a pilot program for a new feature(s) that haven’t been made available yet to all users in the Guesty Platform and are in the stage of testing (“Pilot”). During the Pilot, Guesty’s Product team monitors the use of these new features and gathers feedback from the users to determine if the features are ready for full- scale release, or if some modifications and fine-tuning are still needed (under this section, the “Feature(s)”).
The user hereby acknowledges that Company does not promise or guarantee that any of the Feature(s) developed under the Pilot will: (i) be eventually adopted by the Company; (ii) conform to certain criteria; (iii) be executed within certain timeframes; or (iv) be delivered in accordance with the specifications and/or feedback of the user. For the avoidance of doubt, the Company shall be the sole and exclusive owner of any of the Feature(s) developed under the Pilot (including any rights in patents, copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, moral rights, and any other proprietary rights related thereto) and it shall have no obligation to make corrections, modifications, repairs or replacements to the Feature(s).
17.3 Disclaimer of Warranties
Without derogating from the generality of these Terms, we and our affiliates and agents make no promises or warranties about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness or accuracy of the Feature(s). To the extent permitted by law, the Feature(s) will be delivered “as is” without warranty or condition of any kind and we disclaim all warranties and conditions of any kind with regard to the Feature(s) and the Pilot, including without limitation, any warranties of merchantability, completion, quality, compatibility, performance, accuracy, or expected benefits. Company shall in no event be responsible for any liability for any damages caused to the user due to its participation in the Pilot or by any deficiency, defect, error, or malfunction of any of the Feature(s). The Company may change, suspend, or discontinue the Pilot at any time without notice or liability.
18. Amendments to the Terms
18.1 General Amendments
We may revise these Terms, in whole, or in part, at any time, and from time to time. By continuing to use Guesty Platform and Guesty services you agree that you have read our updated Terms of Service and that your use is subject to it. In case of legal requirement or necessity, we may also introduce immediate changes to these Terms. The latest version of the Terms and its effective date will always be accessible on the Service.
18.2 Changes to the “Fees and Payment Terms” and “Acceptable use”
Be advised, however, that issuance of guidelines, rules, and instructions regarding the Guesty Platform (as set out in the section titled “Acceptable use” above), as well as material changes to the applicable fees (as set out in the section titled “Fees” above), are not subject to the rules on revisions to the Terms which are described in this section. Material changes on these matters will be made with reasonable advanced notice to you, and your continued use of the Guesty Platform following such changes constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
19. Important disclaimers
19.1 Guesty’s role
The Guesty Platform does not manage the Properties, the Customer does. We and our personnel do not ordinarily visit the Properties. We are not a real estate agent or broker, a travel agent, nor are we a provider of travel services and we do guarantee that the Customer will rent out Properties at all time or at all, we do not guarantee any expected business outcomes or earnings from using the Guesty Platform.
19.2 Our Customers’ Properties and Guests
Guesty is not a party to any engagements, transactions or dealings between the Customer and its Guests and it shall not be responsible for: (i) the properties, their condition, quality, suitability and safety for Guests, the legality of renting them out to Guests, the maintenance of Properties or the provision or replenishment of supplies in Properties or for any thefts, break-ins or vandalism at or to the Properties, or any other conduct or misconduct taking place in the Properties; (ii) Customers’ policies regarding Guests’ use of the Property or cancellation and refunds for Guests or prospective Guests, and the legality of the policies that the Customer establishes; (iii) Customers’ insurance coverage such as for damage to Properties and Guest injuries; (iv) actions of the Customer’s Guests or prospective Guests, be it with respect to the conduct they engage in in the Properties, their failure to pay or settle amounts due, the reviews they (or anyone else) post, or any other aspect of their dealing with the Customer; (v) any injuries that Guests or other third parties sustain on the Properties.
19.3 Guesty’s Platform and Add-On Services
Guesty does its best to have backups and provide uptime 24/7. The availability, quality, and functionality of the Guesty Platform and Add-On Services depend on various factors, including software, hardware and communication networks which are provided by third parties. These factors are not fault-free. We do not guarantee that the Guesty Platform or Add-On Services will operate without disruption, errors or interruptions, or that they will be accessible, or available at all times or immune from errors or glitches. We will not be held liable to the Customer for such eventualities.
20. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
THE GUESTY PLATFORM AND ADD-ON SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES, AND OUR AND OUR AFFILIATES’ EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SUBCONTRACTORS, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES (COLLECTIVELY, “PERSONNEL”) DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE GUESTY PLATFORM AND ADD- ON SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY, NON- INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, COMPATIBILITY, PERFORMANCE, SECURITY, ACCURACY, ENHANCED GOODWILL OR EXPECTED BENEFITS.NO REPRESENTATION OR OTHER AFFIRMATION OF FACT, INCLUDING STATEMENTS REGARDING CAPACITY, SUITABILITY FOR USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE GUESTY PLATFORM AND ADD-ON SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT MADE BY ANY OF OUR PERSONNEL, WHICH IS NOT EXPRESSLY CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS, SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE A WARRANTY BY US, OUR AFFILIATES, OR THE PERSONNEL FOR ANY PURPOSE, OR GIVE RISE TO ANY LIABILITY OF OURS, OUR AFFILIATES, OR THE PERSONNEL WHATSOEVER. ALL OF THE DISCLAIMERS CONTEMPLATED UNDER THIS TERMS INCLUDING THE DISCLAIMERS SET OUT UNDER THE SECTION TITLED “IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS” ABOVE AND ARE INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE INTO THIS SECTION AS WELL.
21. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE, OUR AFFILIATES, AND THE PERSONNEL, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE CUSTOMER FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, STATUTORY, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES, AND ANY INTANGIBLE OR ECONOMIC LOSS, WHETHER BASED ON TORT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHERE SUCH ARISES FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH: (A) THE GUESTY PLATFORM AND ADD-ON SERVICES, (B) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE GUESTY PLATFORM AND ADD-ON SERVICES, (C) THE CUSTOMER’S ACCOUNT, (D) THIRD PARTY CHANNELS OR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, (E) GUESTS’ CONDUCT OR MISCONDUCT, (F) USERS’ USE OF THE GUESTY PLATFORM AND ADD-ON SERVICES, (G) THE CUSTOMER’S RELIANCE UPON OR THE EXPECTED OUTCOME OR BENEFITS FROM THE GUESTY PLATFORM AND ADD-ON SERVICES, (H) ANY FAILURE, ERROR, OR BREAKDOWN IN THE FUNCTION OF THE GUESTY PLATFORM AND ADD-ON SERVICES, (I) ANY FAULT, OR ERROR MADE BY OUR PERSONNEL, (J) DENIAL OR CANCELATION OF THE CUSTOMER’S ACCOUNT, OR (K) FROM RETENTION, DELETION, DISCLOSURE AND ANY OTHER USE OR LOSS OF DATA ON THE GUESTY PLATFORM AND ADD-ON SERVICES.IN ADDITION, WE AND OUR PERSONNEL SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO THE CUSTOMER FOR ANY DAMAGE ARISING FROM EVENTUALITIES DISCLAIMED UNDER THIS TERMS INCLUDING UNDER THE SECTION TITLED “IMPORTANT DISCLAIMERS” ABOVE.TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, OUR TOTAL, MAXIMUM AND AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO THE CUSTOMER FOR ANY LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNTS THE CUSTOMER PAID GUESTY (IF ANY) IN THE THREE MONTHS PRECEDING THE EVENT PURPORTEDLY GIVING RISE TO THE LIABILITY. THIS AMOUNT LIMITATION SHALL NOT APPLY IN THE EVENT THAT THE LIABILITY WAS CAUSED BY OUR WILLFUL MISCONDUCT.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Customer will indemnify, defend and hold harmless, Guesty, its affiliates, their users and partners, and the Personnel at the Customer’s own expense and immediately after receiving written notice thereof, from and against any damages, losses, costs, and expenses, including attorney’s fees and legal expenses, resulting from any plea, claim, allegation or demand, arising from, or in connection with the Customer’s use of the Guesty Platform or Add-On Services, the Customer’s breach of the Terms, the Customer’s violation or infringement of any other person’s rights, the Customer’s communications through the Guesty Platform or Add-On Services, or the eventualities disclaimed under this Terms including under the section titled “Important disclaimers” above.
23. Governing law and dispute resolution
23.1 Choice of Law
Regardless of the Customer’s place of residence or where the Customer access or use the Guesty Platform or Add-On Services from, these Terms and the Customer’s use of the Guesty Platform or Add-On Services will be governed by and construed solely in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, excluding any otherwise applicable rules of conflict of laws, which would result in the application of the laws of a jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
23.2 Dispute Resolution
Any and all disputes, claims, or controversies between the Customer or the Customer’s users and the Company regarding these Terms or the use of the Guesty Platform or Add-On Services, which are not amicably resolved, shall be settled through binding arbitration (rather than in court) by telephone, online or based solely upon written submissions without in- person appearance, administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA), under its Commercial Arbitration Rules (which are available at www.adr.org). Judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. However, the Customer may lodge claims in small claims court if the Customer’s claim qualifies. The Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply to these Terms.
There is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is limited. However, an arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court (including injunctive and declaratory relief or statutory damages) and must follow these Terms as a court would.
23.4 Dispute Resolution Fees
– Payment of filing, administration, and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules. These fees will be shared equally by the Customer and us unless the arbitrator: (i) determines that the claims are frivolous, in which case the claimant shall bear all such fees arising from the frivolous claim; or (ii) determines that the fees should be allocated differently.
– The Customer and the Company hereby acknowledge, agree, and covenant that any such dispute shall only be adjudicated on an individual basis, and not in class, consolidated or representative proceeding. Should a dispute be adjudicated in court, rather than arbitration, for any reason whatsoever, the Customer and the Company each expressly and knowingly waive any right to a jury trial.
– Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this section, the Company may lodge a claim against the Customer: (a) pursuant to the indemnification clause above, in any court adjudicating a third party claim against us; and (b) in connection with the infringement (or alleged infringement) of any Company intellectual property right, in any court of competent jurisdiction having personal jurisdiction over the Customer.
24.1 Whenever used in these Terms, the term “Including” or “Such as”, whether capitalized or not, means without limitation to the preceding phrase. All examples and e.g. notations are illustrative, not exhaustive.
24.2 Entire Agreement
These Terms together with The Guesty Contract , constitute the entire agreement between the Customer and Guesty concerning the subject matter herein and supersede all previous terms and understandings between us (including all prior and contemporaneous negotiations and oral representations, agreements, and statements). In case of conflict between the Guesty Contract and these Terms, the Guesty Contract shall prevail.
24.3 Waiver and Modification
No waiver, concession, extension, representation, alteration, addition, or derogation from these Terms by us, or pursuant to these Terms, will be effective unless consented to explicitly and executed in writing by our authorized representative. Failure on our part to demand performance of any provision in these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of any of our rights under these Terms.
24.4 Successors and Assigns
These Terms are personal to the Customer, and the Customer may not assign, delegate, or transfer the Customer’s rights and obligations under these Terms without our prior written consent. Any attempted or actual assignment by the Customer, without our prior consent, shall be null and void (i.e., have no effect).
We may assign our rights and responsibilities under these Terms or transfer them entirely to a third party (in each case including all rights, duties, liabilities, and obligations therein), upon notice to the Customer, if we are subject to a major corporate transaction such as a merger, acquisition, change of control, or the sale of all or substantially all of our equity or assets.
We may also assign and delegate any or all of our rights and obligations under these Terms or transfer them entirely to one or more of our subsidiaries (i.e., affiliate companies), without providing prior notice to the Customer.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be illegal, invalid, or unenforceable by a competent court or arbitration tribunal, then the provision shall be performed and enforced to the maximum extent permissible by law to reflect as closely as possible, the original intention of that provision, and the remaining provisions of these Terms shall continue to remain in full force and effect.
24.6 Contact us
The Customer may contact Guesty with any questions or comments, at: Legal@guesty.com
24.7 UK/EU Non-Business User Addendum
If you are a UK or EU resident and use the Guesty Platform and any Add-on services mainly for non-business purposes, please visit UK/EU non-business user addendum.