From Inquiry to Confirmation: 5 Ways to Increase Your Conversion Rates
We often talk about strategies property management companies can employ in order to boost their rankings in OTA search results and earn more visibility for their listings. Getting more eyes on your listings, however, is only the first step, and converting interest into bookings is an essential second. So how do you ensure that once you’ve caught the attention of potential guests, you can seal the deal and bolster your occupancy? The secret lies within great communication.
In this competitive industry, if you want to increase your conversion rate you need to stand out right from the beginning. Here are 5 effective ways to turn leads into guests, coming from our Guest Communication experts to help you ramp up your revenue.
- Put the guest at the center. Guests love to tell stories and let us know why they are coming. Add a personal touch, listen to their story and let them know why your listing is the best fit for them. If they are coming with children, tell them about the many attractions for children in the area, the great backyard you have or the child-friendly amenities you keep tucked away for these occasions.
Our experienced GCS team has been trained to identify opportunities such as the aforementioned in order to add a personal touch to each reservation, from inquiry stage to check-out.
- Provide alternative options. If the listing the guest inquired about is not available/not suitable, instead of saying goodbye, give them options. You can add tremendous value by providing an alternative, when possible, to another listing that may better suit their needs. Guaranteed, even if it doesn’t work out, they will leave feeling great about the experience with you and in the future, be more likely to book with you.
- Calm their hesitancy. If the guest is hesitant, don’t leave their booking to chance. Try to alleviate their fears and calm their nerves. Perhaps throw in an extra complimentary perk like free early check-in, a small discount or even a coupon code to a local attraction or restaurant which might help seal the deal on them choosing your listing over others.
Our experienced GCS team will offer any promotion based on your needs and requirements and can help you go the extra mile for guests that need an incentive to book with you.
“We must learn what customers really want, not what they say they want or what we think they should want.”Eric Ries
- Provide prompt communication. It is important to answer each guest message within a timely manner – but every good host knows that inquiries should be prioritized if they want to seal the deal. The inquiry stage is where guests are browsing, asking questions and probably sending messages to 5 other different listings at the same time. If you want to stand out, answer first and make sure to address each question the potential guest has, pre-approve their request or offer them a small discount to seal the deal.
- Be accurate and informative. Preempt your guests’ questions and make sure your listing pages across OTAs contain all the needed information including amenities, neighborhood information and general information which can prevent long correspondences and give them the assurance that you have everything they need at your listing.
No matter how impressive and appealing your listings are, it’s important to remember that they are among millions of other accommodation options available to consumers. Directing traffic to your properties is half the battle, but it’s going to take swift action on your part – or the part of those you entrust with your guest communication – to bring home the prize.
Why handle all of that by yourself? Our team of Guest Service Experts come already equipped with the knowledge, experience, and technology to provide your guests the best hospitality experience. Click here to learn more about Guest Communication Services by Guesty.