Senior Backend Developer - Platform Group
About The Position
Guesty is the all-in-one platform for hospitality businesses to automate and optimize every aspect of their operations. With purpose-built technology, industry-wide expertise, and an R&D team of 200+ engineers, Guesty ensures that hospitality businesses can streamline and achieve growth, while delivering the best value to guests. With a complete suite of features and 150+ industry partners, including major booking OTAs like Airbnb, Vrbo, Booking.com, Tripadvisor, Expedia, Hopper, Google Travel, and many more, Guesty is transforming the hospitality industry with innovative solutions.
Today, Guesty has 15 offices and 700+ team members across the globe.
Our team is growing and we're looking for a brilliant Back End Platform Engineer. You will work in a dynamic environment, on various products and technologies and deal with complex challenges. We are looking for someone who adheres self-learning and seeks new solutions to be our Infra owner.
Are you passionate about adopting new technologies and solving complex problems? If so, continue reading!
- Development of core platform services and components
- Assure that the architecture scales to support the fast-growing business and traffic
- Optimize the application for maximum speed, scalability, and resilience
- Take end-to-end ownership of Guesty’s platform
- Stack: Node.js, MongoDB, Kafka, Redis, AWS
- 4 + years of experience in development and design of scalable web applications.
- Experience with various SQL / NoSQL databases and messaging systems (RabbitMQ / Kafka).
- Great understanding of modern architectures (Microservices, Event Sourcing, Resilient systems, Performance optimisations, API as a service, CQRS).
- A team player with great communication skills.
- BSc. in Computer Sciences or equivalent.
Guesty is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of any characteristic protected by law.