Airbnb has this fantastic feature that lets you create a guidebook for people to see when browsing for listings.
What’s a guidebook?
It’s basically a ‘how-to” for your area. The feature lets you place pins on a map and write short descriptions of your favorite neighborhood spots (things like restaurants, grocery stores, and parks) across several categories.
Keep in mind: Guidebook is open to anyone when looking at a listing’s map, so it can boost your credibility amongst prospective tenants. Also, if you have multiple listings, you’ll need to create a separate Guidebook for every listing. Guidebooks cannot be copied from one listing to another.
How to make your Guidebook:
1. To create or edit a Guidebook go to Your Listings > Manage Listing > Guidebook
2. To add a pin, type the name or address of a location and hit “Enter”.
3. Choose the category.
4. Write a short description.
5. Guidebook uses Google Maps to pull names and addresses.
6. Print a hard-copy so your guests can use it during their stay.
To get you up and running, we’ve put together a list of 10 “must have” spots for your Airbnb Guidebook:
1. Favorite Coffee House – The sweet nectar of life. Make sure to pick a place with good WiFi for business travelers. Starbucks is a fine recommendation, but see if you can’t choose somewhere with a little more edge.
2. Dive Bar – The best place to grab a local brew, and maybe the name of your favorite bartender (if you’re that much of a regular).
3. Touristy Spot – Name one touristy thing to do in the area – stunning, architectural marvel, famous pizza joint, giant ball of yarn – something near you that’s insta-worthy.
4. Where the “Cool-Kids” Hand Out – Even if it isn’t your scene, list some of the hip, chic places around. A trendy mall for vacation splurging, a club with a one-word name, a Korean-Mexican fusion gastropub that does Margarita Mondays…
6. Dry Cleaner – Preferably one with 24 hour service in case of fashion emergencies.
7. Jogging Route – Share your favorite (easy) route. Preferably one with some scenic views to take their mind off of, you know, jogging.
8. Pharmacy/Drug Store – Just in case they forgot anything for their stay. Or, God forbid, any medical emergencies.
9. Downtime Digs– Your meditative bench in the park around the corner, that wine bar with those cozy chairs that seem like they’re made of unicorn foam, the stoop in front with a good view of the sunset. Give them a place where they can relax and decompress outside of the house.
10. Grab n’ Go Food Option – A good salad bar in town, a deli with quick and easy sandwiches, or a Chinese place with a short pick-up wait. Just somewhere they can grab a meal in a hurry without surrendering to a fast food chain.
The Complete Airbnb Guidebook
5 (100%) 14 Votes
If you’re interested in learning more about property management and discovering the many ways Guesty's platform can help your business, we invite you to a free one-on-one session with one of our experts.